If you want to develop an extension for Chyrp Lite, you should enable debug mode; this is done by creating a file named DEBUG in the includes directory (v2021.03 or greater required) or setting the constant
true at the very top of the file common.php:
Debug mode is intended to ease debugging and testing processes. Debug mode has the following effects on Chyrp Lite's behaviour:
- Sets PHP error reporting to
E_ALL | E_STRICT.
- Sets the Twig environment options
- Logs information and errors to the file error_log.txt in the install directory.
- Reports backtraces when errors are encountered.
- Reports Flash notification counts using