Download from GitHub!
What can Chyrp Lite do for me?
Chyrp Lite makes it possible to host a blog on your own web server with minimal fuss. You can have a traditional blog, a tumbleblog, or you can add oodles of customisation and build a general-purpose web publishing platform with blogging features on the side.
With a flexible system of Feathers and Pages, you can make your website whatever you want it to be. Feathers enable different types of blog content – you can restrict yourself to absolute textual purity, or you can create a multimedia rainbow. Pages let you publish articles separate from your blog content – be it a simple colophon or a hierarchy of multiple pages.
You get four beautiful blog themes and a friendly administration console, all fully navigable on a broad range of devices, thanks to the power of responsive HTML5. Semantic markup and comprehensive ARIA labelling ensure your blog will be accessible to visitors who use assistive technologies.
What are the key features?
- Easy to install, simple to maintain, extensible by design.
- Built with responsive and accessible W3C-validated HTML5.
- Universal support for plain text, Markdown, or raw markup.
- Personalise your blog using powerful extensions.
- Theme development is easy with the Twig template engine.
- Manage users and visitors with a comprehensive rights model.
Find out more on the wiki